Nick Wells — our tutor
Nick is a professional bookbinder. He has taught bookbinding to adults and apprentices for many years and has a wide ranging knowledge and experience of the industry and the history, development and craft skills associated with books.
- CGLI PPITB 5 year Apprenticeship 1971-76
- CGLI 534 Full Tech 1976-78
- CGLI 730 Teacher's Certificate in Adult Education 1992-3
- Certificate in Education FE 1992-3
- National General Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health (NEBOSH) 2003
- A1 Assessors Award 2009
- Apprentice Victory Press 1971-77
- Ebenezer Bayliss 1977-8
- Colourgraphic Printers 1978-86
- Crusader Print Finishers 1986-90
- Earls Print Finishers 1990-03
- Self employed bookbinder.
Part-time Lecturer & Trainer Assessor:
- Post Press, Bookbinding
- Print technology
- Printing Ordering procedure
- Materials technology
- Business studies
- Health and Safety
Lecturing/Tutoring in Bookbinding at:-
- Rawlins Community College 1979- present
- South Notts College, Charnwood Centre, Nottingham 1988-03
- Leicester South Fields College 1990-99
- Leicester College, 1999-11
- Knutston Hall Residential Adult Education College, Northamptonshire
- Guest speaker on C&G 7307 course at Coalville Technical College.
- Lecturer on Bookbinding and related courses for The Society of Bookbinders
- Private courses on Papermaking, Marbling and Materials technology.
Chairman, Midlands Region of The Society of Bookbinders, 2010 -- 15.
The Society of Bookbinders is the UK premier organization promoting the interests of bookbinders.
- The styles and materials of book binding in the time of Richard III (late 15th century England) and a lecture to the Midlands Region, Society of Bookbinders.
- On-going research. Early Tudor bindings.
- Development of a teaching project based on the 8th century St Cuthbert's Gospel.